Acrylic Fiber

Acrylic fibers are synthetic materials made from polyacrylonitrile (PAN) fibers, which contain at least 85% of the acrylonitrile monomer. Typically, other chemicals are used with acrylonitrile, such as vinyl acetate or methyl acrylates (making up the remaining 15%).

In order to make the acrylic strands, the polyacrylonitrile fiber is dissolved in a solvent such as N,N-dimethylformamide or aqueous sodium thiocyanate, and then metered through a multi-hole spinnerette. Once formed, the acrylic fiber is washed stretched and and ultimately used in carpet and clothing production.

2013 Copyright AN Group, Inc.
1250 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036  –  Email: angroup@regnet.com
Site Map  –  Members Only